Warning – This is an important document, which affects your legal rights and obligations. Please read carefully and if you have any questions, please ask.
I recognise that Martial Arts/Self Defence/Boxing/MMA/Fitness/Exercise programs carry some risks including but not limited to the musculoskeletal system (sprains, strains, bruises, cuts, abrasions, broken bones, etc) and the cardio respiratory system (dizziness, discomfort in breathing, heart attack, etc). I hereby certify that I know of no medical problem (except those noted in Toogee Fight & Fitness Centre’s Medical Questionnaire) that would increase my risk of illness and injury as a result of participation in a regular martial art or fitness exercise program.
- I wish to participate in a Fitness / Martial Arts training program offered by Arts Entertainment Pty Ltd A.B.N. 71078916408 T/A Toogee Fight & Fitness Centre. I understand there are inherent risks in participating in a program of strenuous exercise and/or physical contact, not limited to those listed above. I agree that Toogee Fight & Fitness Centre Instructors, Trainers, Coaches or any of their contracted third party Instructors, Trainers or Coaches, shall not be liable or responsible for any injuries to me resulting from my participation in a Martial Arts, Self Defence, Boxing, MMA, Fitness, Exercise (or any other) program (whether at a Toogee Fight & Fitness Centre or outdoors, or at a corporate, commercial, residential or other training facility) and I expressly release and discharge Toogee Fight & Fitness Centre owners, employees, agents and/or assigns, from all claims, actions, judgments and the like which I or my heirs, executors, administrators or assigns may have or claim to have as a result of any injury or other damage which may occur in connection with my participation in any Toogee Fight & Fitness Centre program, excepting only an injury caused by the gross negligence or intentional act of such person or persons. This Release shall be binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns.
- I certify that the answers to the questions outlined on the Medical / Pre-Training Questionnaire form are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I acknowledge that medical clearance has been attained if Toogee Fight & Fitness Centre staff requested that I do so or I was uncertain about the medical conditions that I may have. I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to inform my Instructor/Trainer/Coach of any conditions or changes in my health, now and ongoing, which might affect my ability to exercise or participate safely and with minimal risk of injury.
- I understand that I am not obligated to perform nor participate in any activity that I do not wish to do, and that it is my right to refuse such participation at any time during my training sessions. I understand that should I feel lightheaded, faint, dizzy, nauseated, or experience pain or discomfort, I am to stop the activity and inform my Instructor/Trainer/Coach.
- I understand the results of any program cannot be guaranteed and my progress depends on my effort and cooperation in and outside of the sessions.
- I understand that training session times vary depending on the purchased program and should I arrive late, there is no guarantee I will receive the full session with my Instructor/Trainer/Coach. In return, if my Instructor/ Trainer/Coach is late for a session, I will still receive the full session time.
- I understand that Toogee Fight & Fitness Centre bills all clients on a pre-pay basis. Once the program and the number of sessions I will purchase has been decided, payment must be made before the sessions are conducted. Cash and Credit Card will be excepted as payment method. I understand that all Toogee Fight & Fitness Centre sessions are non- transferable and non-refundable.
- I understand that Toogee Fight & Fitness Centre operates on a scheduled appointment basis for private lessons and thus, requires that I provide 48 hours notice when cancelling an appointment. No charge will be levied should I cancel with MORE than 48 hours notice given. Should I cancel a session with 48-24 hours prior notice, I will be charged 50% for that session. Should I cancel a session with LESS than 24 hours prior notice, I will be charged in full for that session. I understand that Toogee Fight & Fitness Centre recommends that all cancelled sessions be rescheduled to ensure consistency and fitness progress.
- In the event of inclement weather I understand that cancellation of an training session shall be at my trainer’s discretion. A training session shall not be held in severe weather conditions which may place either the trainer or I at risk. Weather conditions which may result in cancellations include severe heat, dangerous winds, hail storms and lightning storms. I may call and notify the trainer if there is poor or dangerous weather conditions in the area I am scheduled to train at however, I acknowledge that only a Toogee Fight & Fitness Centre trainer has the authority to cancel and reschedule a workout session due to weather conditions. If I do not show up to a training session due to weather conditions and the trainer has not cancelled the session and shows up I shall be charged for that session. If the trainer does cancel a session due to poor weather conditions they shall endeavour to contact me prior to the allocated session time and reschedule the training session for the closest available time which suits both the trainer and I.
- I understand that during a training session, my Instructor/Trainer/Coach may have to use Touch Training to correct technique or stance, to align and/or to focus my concentration on a particular muscle area to be targeted. If I feel uncomfortable or experience any type of discomfort with Touch Training, I will immediately request that my trainer discontinue using this technique.
- I understand that the usage of any nutritional supplements is done under my own will and has not been prescribed by my Instructor/Trainer/Coach. I shall informed my Instructor/Trainer/Coach of any nutritional supplements which I am taking that may affect my performances, hydration levels or increase my risk of injury or illness.
- I understand that should my Instructor/Trainer/Coach become ill the session shall be rescheduled to the nearest convenient time for both myself and the trainer. This will not result in me losing any sessions which I have already purchased.
- I understand that all Instructors/Trainers/Coaches at Toogee Fight & Fitness Centre are certified professionals and if they feel I am performing an activity that may be putting myself or others at risk they have the right to ask me to stop. If I refuse they have the right to end a session, cancel and refund all remaining training sessions I have paid for.